Friday, November 3, 2017

FICTION: The Black Room of Pleasure



Christian pulled his lips away from Anastasia’s, and held her at arms’ length.  His dark eyes bored into hers, and he whispered hoarsely.
“Do you like… to play?”
“Oh yes,” Anastasia whispered back.  Christian led her down a corridor, towards a towering door, which he unlocked with a silver key on a long slender chain.
“Welcome,” he hissed, swinging open the door, “to my Black Room of Pleasure”.
Whips mounted on one wall.  Some kind of swinging black harness hanging from the ceiling.  Black plastic on the floor.  Manacles.  A shelf of dildos.  Masks.
“Oh,” Anastasia said, trying to hide her disappointment, “it’s a sex dungeon!”
“Yes, my pretty,” breathed Christian, pressing against her from behind. “Do you like?”
“Ah,” said Anastasia, “it’s lovely.”
“What’s wrong?”
“It’s just,” said Anastasia, making an apologetic face, “I’m really… I’m not really into that kind of thing.”
“Which kind of thing?”
“This,” she used one hand to indicate all of the things, “this kind of thing.”
“You said you like to play!”
“I thought you just meant have sex!”
Christian frowned and looked at the plastic black floor.
“So… no chains, no whippings?”
Anastasia shrugged.
“No, not really.  Sorry.”
“Nipple clamps?”
“Not really into the kink thing at all, to be honest.”
“Really?”
“I’m not judgey or whatever, but it’s… just not me.”
“How do you know if you’ve never tried it?”
“How do you know you don’t like, I don’t know, eating poo if you’ve never tried it?”
“I have!  It was exciting, transgressive, the taboo made it all the more-”
“Okay, maybe bad example.  All I’m saying is, you’ve got the wrong girl.  This isn’t me.”
“You’re certain.”
“I am.  I’m so sorry.”
“Dammit.  I was really looking forward to pissing in your mouth.”
Anastasia made an involuntary face.
“Sorry.”
“Maybe just a little trickle?”
“No.  Sorry again about the misunderstanding.”
Christian sat on the body-contoured fuckbench and put his head in his hands.
“I’m such an idiot.”
Anastasia put a hand on his shoulder.
“You’re not an idiot at all.  It’s a lovely room.”
“I just really thought we were, I don’t know, on a wavelength.”
“We all make mistakes, it’s okay.”  She squeezed his shoulder. “I’m actually just very vanilla, as far as sexuality goes.”
“I’ve ruined everything haven’t I.  Why do I always ruin everything?”
“No, no, you haven’t!  You’re a lovely guy-”
“I really thought we had a connection, Ana.”
Anastasia held his face in her hands, leaned down, kissed him tenderly.
“We do,” she said, “we do.  And there’s absolutely no shame in you having your kinks, it’s all okay.  You are who you are, and I am who I am, you can’t expect all our interests to cross over perfectly.”
“I like Frank Sinatra, you like Coldplay.”
“Exactly!”
Anastasia held his hand.  Christian held it back.
“Come on,” she said. “Let’s go to bed and snuggle.”
“Snuggle?”
“Yeah.  You might like it.”
Christian smiled up at her.
“Okay,” he said.

1 comment:

  1. This story was part of the Swinburne Microfiction Challenge 2017, a ten day series of 500 word stories written in 24 hours, given a certain prompt word. The word for this story was "Play".

    ReplyDelete