Wednesday, October 4, 2017

NEWS: I'll be part of a panel for the Digital Writers' Festival!


"What is it that makes web series the perfect format for pushing boundaries? How do you construct a serial that sticks? And what challenges do writers face working for a digital audience? Three award-winning digital writers discuss their writing practice and production process, as well as exploring the best serial content pushing boundaries today."

And I'm one of them! I'll be talking about my experiences with Bruce, what other webseries I'm enjoying, and what I think the future holds for webseries in general.  The answers to those last two questions are "I don't know any other webseries" and "I've got no idea, I don't even know what the present holds, sorry, you're really asking the wrong guy".  But hopefully I can still bring something to the discussion, even if it's only mild good-naturedness and slightly-bumbling-but-loveable ineptitude.

(Eep.)

At least you can listen to other panelists, Hayley Adams and Julie Kalceff, who are far more qualified than I to educate and inspire, and probably have very good answers to those questions, which will no doubt be told in an entertaining fashion, with a minumum of stumbling and stammering and awkward tangents (unlike my own).  So it's probably still worth tuning in for.


Click this link on Thursday the 2nd, 7pm AEDT, to be a part of this futuristic cyber-happening, all beaming in live from the Supermation Infohighway...

Writing Web Series: Serial Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment